Our goal is to win your trust and your case.
There is no question about it – accidents involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle are some of the most serious that occur on Pennsylvania roadways each day. If you were struck by a car in Montgomery County, you may be suffering from severe injuries and in need of compensation. The involvement of a personal injury lawyer in your case has never been more critical.
At Mayerson Injury Law, P.C., our Pennsylvania pedestrian accident lawyers see our clients as individuals in need of unique solutions. Rather than forcing you into a cookie-cutter strategy, we will take the time to address your concerns and approach your case in a manner that makes you feel comfortable. As an injured victim, it is time to fight for the justice you deserve.
Why can you trust Mayerson Injury Law, P.C. to represent you?
- Over 100 years of combined experience
- Successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, including a $21 million verdict
- Every case is handled on a contingency fee basis
- 24/7 availability to our clients
Establishing Negligence to Protect Your Rights
Proving that someone acted negligently is very important for any personal injury accident, but especially for those between a pedestrian and a car. If you can show that the driver’s negligent behavior caused your injuries, the driver will become responsible for compensating you for your suffering.
All of the following can indicate negligence on the driver’s behalf:
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
The goal of our firm is to compile a strong personal injury claim showing proof that the driver is at-fault. Whether by physical evidence, witness accounts, or police reports, we are prepared to use every possible angle to clearly link the driver’s negligent behavior with your injuries.
Pennsylvania Laws Regarding Drivers & Pedestrians
Pennsylvania has passed a number of laws governing the relationship between drivers and pedestrians, many of which can be found under Chapter 35 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code. Some of the most important laws are:
- Both drivers and pedestrians must obey traffic signals and follow the directions of any officers directing traffic.
- Pedestrians must use marked crosswalks where available when crossing the street.
- Drivers must yield to pedestrians in crosswalks at intersections without traffic signals.
- If there is no crosswalk or intersection, pedestrians must yield to oncoming vehicles.
- Vehicles entering the sidewalk from an alley, driveway, or other location must yield to pedestrians.
- Drivers must yield the right-of-way to any pedestrians who appear to be partially or totally blind, such as those carrying a white cane or who are accompanied by a guide dog.
- Pedestrians must yield to emergency vehicles, though drivers of emergency vehicles have a duty to drive with regard for pedestrian safety.
- Pedestrians may not suddenly walk or run into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
- Pedestrians are required to use sidewalks if they are available, otherwise they must walk along the shoulder of the roadway.
- Hitchhiking is illegal in Pennsylvania.
Compensation Available to Injured Pedestrians in Pennsylvania
Pedestrian accident victims may be able to pursue compensation for a wide range of damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and other income
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Wrongful death (if a loved one was killed)
Because Pennsylvania requires all personal injury claims to be filed within two years, it is imperative that you retain our legal assistance right away. Our personal injury attorneys look forward to achieving a favorable outcome on your behalf!
Even though the insurance company gave us the run around, Ben was able to make sure he obtained a settlement for me in the end.Erik K.
Not only did Ben resolv the claim with all parties quickly, he got me a settlement for above and beyond what I thought possible.Kris
They went over and above having my files reviewed and kept me aware of their progress.Constance S.
We are not a big box law firm operating on volume, assigning cases to inexperienced lawyers
Record Breaking Results Dating Back to 1963
Largest Insurance Bad Faith Verdict in Pennsylvania History, Entered by a Trial Court Judge Sitting as the Fact Finder
We are Pottstown's preeminent personal injury law firm with over fifty 5-Star Google Reviews from real personal injury clients
We are a boutique law firm with decades of experience battling insurance company tactics
You Won't Pay Unless We Recover Compensation For You
If You Can't Travel, We Will Come to Your Home or Hospital
We Offer Free & Confidential Case Evaluations
Navigating Festive Roads: A Guide to Avoiding Holiday Driving HazardsRead More
Your Spine and the Impact of an InjuryRead More
TBI Symptoms by SeverityRead More
What Does 51% Comparative Negligence Mean?Read More
What Is the Value of Emotional Damages in a Car Accident?Read More
Car Accidents and PTSD: 4 Ways to Cope with Emotional TraumaRead More
Tips to Prevent Distracted DrivingRead More
Does Music Make You a Worse Driver?Read More